[kismac] Re: ZyDas USB adapter support

  • From: Jon Steinmetz <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:33:08 -0500

On Apr 14, 2007, at 1:27 PM, John Warren wrote:

I don't know if the chipset is supported in passive mode.  Perhaps he
was not giving the full REAL story... I'm sure if there are proper mac
drivers it does work with Kismac, but only in ACTIVE mode.    Which to
me doesn't mean that it WORKS with kismac.

Yeah, it did ship with Mac drivers but I could not get them to work. I agree that if it is not passive then it does not count.

Has anyone bought one of these? <http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-802-11g-USB- adapter-WARDRIVING-kit-w-EXTERNAL- JACK_W0QQitemZ110112573255QQihZ001QQcategoryZ45002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting> It says it is based on Atheros but Atheros bought ZyDas so it might be the same device I already have. They certainly look the same but the closeups look a little different.

Otherwise I have ordered some parts to hack a RP-SMA connector onto a Netgear USB stick that does work.