[kismac] ZyDas USB adapter support

  • From: Jon Steinmetz <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:57:39 -0500

So on a lark I bought this USB device for use on a MacBook Pro because the seller said it worked with KisMac. I have so far not been able to get it to work.

KisMac version: r227 (I have not tried 228 yet)

Mac being used:

  Machine Name: MacBook Pro 15"
  Machine Model:        MacBookPro1,1
  Processor Name:       Intel Core Duo
  Processor Speed:      2 GHz
  Number Of Processors: 1
  Total Number Of Cores:        2
  L2 Cache (per processor):     2 MB
  Memory:       2 GB
  Bus Speed:    667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:     MBP11.0055.B08
  SMC Version:  1.2f10
  Serial Number:        W8609D20VJ1
  Sudden Motion Sensor:
  State:        Enabled

What system profiler reports the device as:

  Version:      48.10
  Bus Power (mA):       500
  Speed:        Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: ZyDAS
  Product ID:   0x1215
  Vendor ID:    0x0ace

The ebay URL is <http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-WarDriving-USB-54mb-WiFi-Kit- w-Folding- Antenna_W0QQitemZ120090024573QQihZ002QQcategoryZ61816QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZ WD1VQQcmdZViewItem> so if these devices don't work then people here should steer clear.

It looks like the the ZyDas chipset supported by KisMac is 0x1201 so maybe the seller was confused. Has anyone gotten these devices to work? Does anyone have a similar device that does work? I like the small size of this device over the larger external USB boxes not to mention the external antenna jack which is a must for me.