[kismac] Re: Where to order a cheap Prism2 USB device?

  • From: JAke <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:36:16 -0700

How long before they will support injection do you think?  Also, sorry that
I can't help Lawrence, thats really too bad...  Also (macuser), are there
usb ralink cards, because I'm on an iBook (G4) without pcmcia slots...

On 4/17/07, themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Prism2 cards are actually b only, and the network is only in g
traffic. Wait for ralink cards to support injection. Yes, this is said
to be the univeral solution to everything. But thats why we are doing
it...

On 4/18/07, Lawrence Bean <lbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >I'd go for the wusb11 if I were you.  I've had the most luck with it.
>
> Hey Jake.
>
> I picked up a Linksys WUSB11 v2.5 and have just started playing with it
> and Kismac. I'm using a G3 iBook with 10.4.9, have downloaded/compiled
> 0.21a from the USB branch, and have not installed any other drivers. I
> have a WAP network (a linksys, average signal 36) within easy reach of
my
> condo and touched base with the owner about running a sample hack ... to
> practice and to help them shore up their perimeter.
>
> I watched the video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G38PD5FyUxE
> and selected USB Device, passive mode as primary injection. I homed in
on
> the main channel and hub, and after collecting a couple hundred data
> packets chose "Authentication Flood". When I do this, after about a
minute
> the signal goes to zero and no further packets are collected. If I stop
> the flood, signal goes back to normal and packets are collected again.
If