[kismac] Where to buy WLAN cards for packet reinjection in germany?

  • From: Christian <Spammails@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:36:02 +0100

Hi,
I've looked through the hardware list in the Kismac Wiki (https:// trac.kismac.de/wiki/Hardware%20List) and tried to find wireless network cards that can be used for packet reinjection (Prism2 chipset) in various (german) online shops. All of the cards that are marked as "Verified! Supported in passive mode"(or similarly) in the hardware list seem to be not available anymore because there exist already newer models (possibly with different chipsets).

I've send a support email to Sitecom and asked whether their WL-172 Wireless Network USB Adapter 54g Turbo uses a Prism2 chipset (just because it has an official Mac driver and it is available on amazon.de). The answer was that the WL-172 is using a Raling RT5261 chipset and this is as far as I know incapable of packet reinjection (correct me if I'm wrong).

Are there any CURRENTLY available cards that are verified to work with Kismac or do I have to buy one on ebay?

Best regards,
Christian