[kismac] Re: What does signal strength mean?

  • From: Rob Frohne <frohro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:09:30 -0700

I would like to see a graph/table for signal in dbm, noise in dbm, and
signal to noise ratio in db for both directions (to and from access
point).  This percentage business is misleading.  There is no percent
in it; it is in decibels relative to a milliwatt after the appropriate
constant is added.  I haven't looked at Mick's code, but you have a
good question.  Maybe he can answer it.  The docs for this are
available from Intersil.

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.