[kismac] Re: WUSB54GC

  • From: Nathan Porter <nateporter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 21:45:09 -0800

Adam, where you able to achieve packet reinjection? I've patched USBJack.mm as well so the stick is now detected properly as an RT73. Passive mode appears to work perfectly. The issue at this point is that Kismac crashes with a 'Segmentation Fault' as soon as I try to use 'Deauthenticate', 'Deauthenticate all Networks', or 'Reinject Packets'. Any one out there have better luck than me?

Nathan Porter
nateporter@xxxxxxxxx

On Feb 8, 2007, at 12:19 AM, Adam Jacob Muller wrote:

Hi,
I have a WUSB54GC, did not work with the stock kismac sources (from SVN) but with a few minor tweaks it's up-and-running. specifically the device is being detected as a Ralink 2500, commenting out lines 892-896 of USBJack.mm causes the device to be detected as a RT73, and using that works great!

Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter:

  Version:      0.01
  Bus Power (mA):       500
  Speed:        Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: Cisco-Linksys
  Product ID:   0x0020
  Vendor ID:    0x13b1

Now, i already see this product/vendor in the identStruct, but if i'm reading the code properly, it's set as a Ralink device and not a RT73 device?

-Adam

A bit off-topic: anyone know of USB devices that are supported by kismac and can utilize external antennas out of the box (without soldering at least!)