[kismac] Re: WUSB11v3 injecting, but reinjection doesn't do anything

  • From: Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:06:28 -0500

What revision number of kismac are you running and which build? Trunk or usb-drivers (aka ralink)?

On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Josh Watzman wrote:

Hello-

I'm trying to get my Linksys WUSB11v3, with a prism chipset, to work
with kismac's reinjection. Everything except the reinjection seems to
work -- I can scan, capture IV's, crack if I get enough IV's, and do an authentication flood. Another Mac scanning with kismac properly detects
the authentication flood.

However, reinjection seems to do nothing. It brings up the dialog
"testing packets for reinjection" for several minutes, which eventually
goes away, but the traffic doesn't increase. I'm on a b network; there
are connected b clients. It still doesn't seem to do anything.

My primary firmware is version 1.1.2 (IIRC) and station firmware is
version 1.7.4. The network in question is an Airport (not Extreme) base station, SSID broadcasting enabled, WEP with a 128-bit key. I'm running
OS X 10.4.8 on a PowerBook G4.

Any clue why reinjection isn't working?

Thanks for any help or insight,
sinclair44