[kismac] Re: WPA Crack Broken

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:57:52 -0700

On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:28 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:

At 8:20 AM -0700 2006-03-02, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

The other alternative would be to #ifdef
out all of the code for i386 and change it back to the way it was. This
would however leave us without an mmx / sse version of this crack.

Well, it would be a lot slower, but it should actually work -- right?

IMO, this would be the way to go for now, so that we can get something working, and then try to figure out how to properly vectorize that code for SSE/MMX.

I did a little further investigation and it seems the altivec code may have been broken prior to this checkin. I have a dump file that I was unable to crack with r87. However, if I disable the altivec code in r87 I am able to crack the net. Any thoughts?

Geoff