[kismac] Re: WANTED (dead or alive)

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:32:32 +0200

>> i found a cause for this "bug", kismac not loading the driver. it
>> seems
>> that the airport driver is indeed in use on a couple of systems.
>> however i was unable to figure out, why. you can easily identify such
>> systems, by executing "ioreg | grep AirPort" (case sensitive). if
>> there
>> are two AirPortUserClients, then you such a system. now the question
>> is, what could that be? i know one is the menu extra, which will be
>> killed when you start scanning with kismac, but i could not figure out
>> what the other one is for. i would be glad if anyone could help me
>> with
>> that.
>
> Sigh, is it even worse? Last night I was looking at this, and despite
> me checking everything I could (yes I typed it in correctly, yes I
> was using Airport), ioreg gave me -zero- clients.

looks like a bug somewhere just ignore it...

> This morning as of right now I have 3.

the strangest thing is that i only have one client (which is my menu
extra)...

i just uploaded c3 which will allow you guys to at least to use kismac
<http://www.binaervarianz.de/projekte/programmieren/kismac/get.php?
file=KisMAC005c3.zip>. and for the hardcore guys a completely untested
feature: wordlist attacks against apple basestations.
hope some one figures out what is wrong =|

mick