[kismac] Re: Using with WUSB54GC (Ralink) USB

  • From: devnullian@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 12:33:55 -0600

No, OS X shouldn't recognize it if there is no driver, which, if you haven't intalled the driver from d-link/ralink, there won't be one. Win has drivers for a large range of hardware b/c they don't make the boxes and don't know what hardware there will be, so they include as much as they can, whereas Apple generally only includes the drivers for the devices they put in Macs.

On Oct 1, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Rohan Hill wrote:

Is it relevant that OSX itself doesn't recognize the adapter? (XP under
bootcamp on the same machine does)

The WUSB54GC is this:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CRFI8A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg