[kismac] Re: Using ethereal with kissmac and AirSnort...

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 01:21:52 +0100

Hi,

> I would like to know if it is possible to use ethereal in conjunction
> with
> the kismac product...

yes if you use the dump option in the preference.

> So far I haven't succeeded it doesn't seem to enable filtering on the
> wireless interface.

simple reason: this is not working (yet).

> Any experience in that field will interest me as I am preparing a
> thesis on
> 802.11 and would like to have a deeper look at packet filtering using
> my OSX
> machine;

packet filtering on 802.11 layer?! do you have infos that i dont know
of?

> On the other hand and always for testing purposes I would be
> interested in
> enabling the filtering packet function that seems to use AirSnort
> WepKeyCracking function.
>

> Any help regarding the use of this function will be welcome. Sincerly
> yours.
>

> Have you got any information regarding OSX integration of the new
> 802.11G ?

you have to do a little bit more precise.

> As I would very much love to have a chapter devoted to this new tech.
>
> ---
>
> Could you also provide a detailed view of the various pieces of code
> installed on the system by kismac. Beside the folder on the /Program
> folder.

you probably mean the /Application folder?! well there is something in
the /Library/Frameworks/WiFi.framework folder (the viha driver). and of
course the preferences file.

> Do you have a detailed userguide ?

no yet.

also a note to the sender: i am also on the mailing list. no need to
send anything twice to me. and also a little bit research is also
appreciated: kismac not kissmac...and so on

mick