[kismac] Using ethereal with kissmac and AirSnort...

  • From: "ml@xxxxxxxxx" <ml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:54:46 +0100

I would like to know if it is possible to use ethereal in conjunction with
the kismac product...

So far I haven't succeeded it doesn't seem to enable filtering on the
wireless interface.

Any experience in that field will interest me as I am preparing a thesis on
802.11 and would like to have a deeper look at packet filtering using my OSX
machine;

---

On the other hand and always for testing purposes I would be interested in
enabling the filtering packet function that seems to use AirSnort
WepKeyCracking function.

Any help regarding the use of this function will be welcome. Sincerly yours.

Have you got any information regarding OSX integration of the new 802.11G ?

As I would very much love to have a chapter devoted to this new tech.

---

Could you also provide a detailed view of the various pieces of code
installed on the system by kismac. Beside the folder on the /Program folder.

Do you have a detailed userguide ?