[kismac] Re: Using Kismac with Wireless Driver

  • From: Johnny Cache <johnycsh@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:22:59 -0600 (CST)

Hi Ben
You dont really "use" the wirelessdriver with kismac, rather
kismac can cooperate with it.

If you have the wirelessdriver installed before you install kismac, kismac
will prompt you if you would ike to patch it. The patch makes removing the
driver possible, and also lets you spoof your mac.  Whenever you start
kismac it will unload the wirelessdriver so it can use its own monitor
mode drivers, after you close kismac it loads the wirelessdriver back up
for you.

Best Regards
-jc