[kismac] Re: Usb wardriving + gps questions

  • From: Doug Tallacksen <dougtallacksen2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:43:33 -0600

Dan,

I have the TripNav TN-200 and it works fine with KisMac.

-Doug

On Mar 4, 2004, at 9:02 AM, Dan wrote:

Hi,
I would like to go wardriving with Kismac and my 12" powerbook. My lovely
powerbook doesn't feature a pcmcia/pc card port so my only option is to use
a usb powered client device. I need to attached an external antenna and plot
using gps.So what I need are recommendations :)

What usb device can I use that is supported by Kismac ? I'd prefer output of
200mw but will settle for any. I also need to attach an external antenna to
this device so an external antenna connector is vital.

What GPS device can I use ? I'd like to use a straight usb solution but
don't think KisMac will support it.The TripNavTN-200 usb is nice but will it
work with KisMac ? If not I'll settle for a serial--> usb
connector.Recomendations please.

I'll be buying online so please include urls. Thanks in advance.
Danny.Ireland.
Www.CorkWireless.com