[kismac] Re: Usb intersil

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:30:21 -0800

Most people never follow through with rebates, they buy because it has a rebate then forget to send it in. Also, for those who do send it in, they have your money in the bank for 6-8 weeks earning interest.

On Jan 21, 2004, at 12:57 PM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

I don't know if they are compatible with Kismac because they are intersil prism3, but ecost.com has usb 802.11b devices for FREE after $29.00 rebate. I thought some of you might be interested

i cannot guarantee it, but all prism3 devices i have seen are compatible. we probably have to add the device id to kismac, though. if it is compatible, then there would also be the possibility to modify the d-link dwl-122 driver to support this device under os x.

ps. it is a little off-topic, but can anyone explain me what the deal is with mail-in rebate?! i did never understand this, is it money for giving them your address?