[kismac] Re: USB wireless dongle for OS X

  • From: Dave Lugo <dlugo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:22:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Justin Morris wrote:

> On the KisMAC - Hardware Compatibility List, the USB-400 as Prism III, will
> III still do packet reinjection?
>
> "*Note: Packet re-injection requires a PrismII card. Make sure that the
> PrismII card uses the latest firmware. Please select the MACJack Driver in
> the preferences. Also make sure that you do not use channel hopping."
>
> *Justin

Ahh... sorry.  I was unaware of that subtle difference (and I haven't
even tried any reinjection myself)

This looks is the one I'm using:

<http://www.partspc.com/ProductDetails.asp?CatID=149&ProdID=5550>

Hmm... it claims it's a PrismIII, yet Kismac seems to do passive mode
fine with it using the PrismII driver. (at least that's my experience
over the past 6 months).  I'll assume that the one I bought last year
uses the same chip that's used by the dongle in the link above.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@xxxxxxxxxxxx    LC Unit #260   TINLC