[kismac] Re: USB dongle and Prism GT

  • From: mlcedric@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:39:51 +0100

Dans "[kismac] USB dongle and Prism GT", ferrarir@xxxxxxxxx a écrit:
>[...]I'm trying to use a D-Link DWL-G120 usb card on my ibook G4
>MacOsX(10.4.3). I've tried to install GTDriver 0.94 but it can't detect my
>dongle. I think that it's because GTDriver is developed for PC-Card only,
>isn't it?
>Is there a workaround to accomplish my task?[...]

1) Find what chipset your DWL-G120 is based on.

2) Find another device with the same chipset that has a MacOS driver.
Install this driver, it may work.

3) If it doesn't work, find the kernel extention that was installed by the
driver. It is in /System/Library/Extensions. Open the package and look into
the .plist documents. Replace the name, vendorID and constructorID from the
original driver to the ones from your DWL-G120 (you can see them in "System