[kismac] Re: USB Wireless Dongles and MAC spoofing on OSX

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:25:16 -0500

Mick wrote:

unfortunately i lost the source code (really :/) at a time, when kismac was not open source. however the tool is not very exciting. it simply adds a record to the info.plist of the sourceforge driver, where a patch of mine does the real work. this patch can be obtained at: <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=705621&group_id=34453&atid=411314>

I went and downloaded these patches for the wireless driver, since I found the WirelessMac application to be nonfunctional in OS X 10.3.3.

I have one question -- I saw there were three patch files in SourceForge. Which do I use and how do I apply it/them to my installed Wireless Driver, so that I will be able to set the MacAddress in the plist? (I don't need the GUI of WirelessMac, but would like to get the Mac spoofing function to work in Panther.)

And has anyone tried the wireless driver and these patches in Tiger?

Thanks in advance.