[kismac] Re: USB Wireless Dongles and MAC spoofing on OSX

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:13:51 +0200

Hi,

I've seen that at least a couple USB wireless adaptrers will work with
kismac and the sourceforge wireless drivers.

D-Link's DWL-122
Netgear MA111

I'm wondering of anyone can confirm that MAC spoofing will work with
any of these?

well the macos driver does not support spoofing on them. however you could use the intersil firmware flasher to update the MAC PDA record.

PS. I'm still wondering about the source code for WirelessMAC.
Although I really doubt anyone will answer me, as no one has yet.....

unfortunately i lost the source code (really :/) at a time, when kismac was not open source. however the tool is not very exciting. it simply adds a record to the info.plist of the sourceforge driver, where a patch of mine does the real work. this patch can be obtained at: <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=705621&group_id=34453&atid=411314>

if i dont answer your questions right away: please feel free to bug me. i am just damn busy right now.

mick