[kismac] Re: USB Adapter

  • From: Galen <blueandwhiteg3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:28:43 -0700

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 10:47 AM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

>> Galen wrote:
>>> I've got the GPS device (Garmin eTrex Vista). I hooked it up via my
>>> Palm Serial to USB Adapter and nothing happens. (I didn't really
>>> expect
>>> anything just suddenly happen, but I had some hopes). Does anybody
>>> have
>>> suggestions for which drivers I should try first? I'd rather not go
>>> though them all, but I suppose I might have to.
>>
>> Such things often use the Prolific Pl-2303 chip. I don't know f it's
>> the
>> case with the palm adapter. You to check it out. The driver is at
>> www.prolific.com.tw
>
> i think they stopped supporting os x, since the driver have been
> removed, the last time i checked (about 3 weeks ago)....
>
> mick

No, they still support it. They have a separate, new site for tech
support (there is a link on their main site) which includes a driver
for OS X. I downloaded the driver and installed it. It does nothing
with my adapter. KisMAC doesn't recognize any NMEA GPS device and ASP
reports nothing different. Any other ideas for chips I should try?

Galen