[kismac] Re: UBS dongle for MacBook

  • From: Marcel Stör <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:41:49 +0200

themacuser wrote:
> That's not what wardriving is about. What you are describing is
> illegal hacking.  Wardriving is something entirely legal that does
> not involve doing anything to the found networks.

You're right, I'd rather have called it piggybacking+. Now, whether this is
illegal or not, is something different. You don't know WHY I'm doing what
I'm doing. If it is because my neighbor asked me to check his Wi-Fi
installation it's certainly not illegal - I guess. If I hack his network and
sniff around his files I would be violating several laws at once.

Good reference at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Driving#Ethical_considerations

--
Marcel Stör