[kismac] Re: UBS dongle for MacBook

  • From: "Justin Morris" <morris.justin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:06:07 -0600

I just got my DWL-G122 from
Amazon<http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWL-G122-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g/dp/B0002DQUHC/sr=8-2/qid=1158099343/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-4489818-1616749?ie=UTF8&s=electronics>and
I am happy to report that it is H/W version B1 and F/W version
2.02.  Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWL-G122-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g/dp/B0002DQUHC/sr=8-2/qid=1158099343/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-4489818-1616749?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

On 9/19/06, devnullian@xxxxxxx <devnullian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

To be specific, the driver in question is for Ralink RT2500 or RT2571 (can't remember exactly, it's the USB one) chipsets. The Most prevalent devices with this chipset are the D-Link DWL-G122 B1 and Linksys WUSB54G v4, though there are others. Other than this chipset, the only other 802.11g chipset that seems to be "injection- friendly" is the Atheros. The Atheros chipsets don't come in a USB version though, so they could (if an injection driver was written) only be used by Macs with pcmcia (assuming you want a laptop). As the new MacBooks either have no such slot or an incompatible ExpressCard slot, that wouldn't help very much.

devnullian