[kismac] Re: UBS dongle for MacBook

  • From: "John Warren" <xaive1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:53:21 -0700

If it happens, I think this will be the first hardware to support
injection into G networks.  And it's USB so it should work on almost
any mac.

On 9/19/06, Marcel Stör <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Warren wrote:
> looks pretty accurate.  The DWL-G122 is being worked on right now for
> g networks, but nothing is guaranteed till it gets here.

"is being worked on" refers to efforts under way in the KisMAC team to
support g networks? In general or just this particular piece of

> On 9/19/06, Marcel Stör <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> Since I'm far from being a Wi-Fi expert I've been reading quite a bit
>> about KisMAC on trac and this list's archive. Based that knowledge I
>> try to make a few assumptions, pls correct me if I'm wrong.
>> - I can't use KisMac "out of the box" on my MacBook (not Pro) to go
>> war driving (i.e. hacking passwords, injecting packages) since
>> there's no suitable driver for Airport Extreme. Some guys are
>> working on it, I heard!?
>> - so, I would need a Prism2 chip for that - in my case I'd like to
>> use an USB dongle
>> - there seems to be a recommendation out for a D-Link DWL-122
>> - there are no USB dongles (yet?) that support injection into
>> 802.11b AND 802.11g networks with KisMAC
>> Conclusion -> in order to achieve what I want, I should by a DWL-122
>> and restrict myself to b-networks, correct?

Marcel Stör
Skype: marcelstoer