[kismac] Re: Trouble with iBook, and airport.

  • From: David Buttrick <debut@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:45:16 -0500

.12 failed the test also.

I did a fresh install of 3.2 then upgraded to 3.4

then installed .12 it does work alot more smoothly. But after I disconnect, I do not get an address until I plug the ethernet back in. THEN I get a lease for the airport from the dhcp server.

weird. Maybe I should take a look at the scripts that handle the exchange of the apple driver for the kismet driver...

I dont really know where to start with debugging this. But I have tomorrow off.

On Jun 23, 2004, at 4:04 PM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

On 23. Jun 2004, at 18:41 Uhr, Brad Knowles wrote:

At 9:37 AM -0700 2004-06-23, Joseph W. Sullivan wrote:

A suggestion would be to update the main download page ;-)

Yeah, that'd be nice. But I don't own the page, so you'll have to ask Mick about that.

i replaced the link, however i just hope versiontracker does not recognize the change. :o/
regarding the DHCP problem. make sure to have os 10.3.3 or above, older versions contain a bug... i actually have no problems at all with the airport card.
have good day!