[kismac] Re: Three minute WEP crack?

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:48:20 -0400

Actually, they already have been in Kismac alpha version. Here is the latest compiled version:

http://www.macunix.net/KisMAC_Alpha/

If you have a prism2 based pcmcia or usb device, you can use the same attacks as documented in the FBI article. Just look for the interesting packets, capture enough and select reinject from the menu. Still a few bugs, but works very well for an alpha release. In my tests, I needed about 500K unique data packets before using the weak key WEP attack. It does use the aircrack algorithm and takes a few seconds to crack the key once enough packets are captured.

Erik

On Apr 6, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

Folks,

I was curious to know if anyone here had any more details than provided in the article at <http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article111-page1.php>, or could explain a bit better how some of the mentioned programs work (see the links on the last page).

        Any idea when these tools might be brought over to work with KisMac?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755