[kismac] Re: Thanks To KisMac

  • From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:14:02 -0400

>Being new to the city, we didn't really
>have much of a clue what to do or where to go.  So I fired up KisMac,
>found a whole lot of hot spots, and was able to download maps of
>the city, the local apartment classifieds, and even e-mail my friends
>back home to let them know that we had made it safe and sounds.
>All this from the passenger seat of the car.

But, surely you had to constantly load/unload the driver, no? When I
run Kismac, I have to unload the driver (unsuccessful about 50% of
the time, requiring reboot) before I can do anything else with
airport, such as "download maps of
the city, the local apartment classifieds, and even e-mail."

Stefan Jeglinski