[kismac] Re: Successfully cracked, but what now?

  • From: el_criuz <el.criuz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:45:06 +0200

Sounds like fun, but how do I find out which computers or printers are connected in his network?
And to change the SSID i need to know/hack the router settings password, don't I?

On 20.06.2006, at 22:34, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

Changing the ssid to something like "el_cruiz RULES" or some such would let him know for sure that you accomplished your goal. Also, setting the security to something he can't crack would be fun too. I also like printing stuff on shared printers etc. (only if you know the person and they know you are trying to hack them.)

Geoff

On Jun 20, 2006, at 8:35 AM, el_criuz wrote:

Apparently I've been misunderstood. I don't wanna damage nothing.
It's for testing and fun reasons (I cracked my friends network - he knows about it)

On 20.06.2006, at 17:21, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

Don't get caught? :D

Geoff
On Jun 20, 2006, at 5:55 AM, el_criuz wrote:

I finally succeeded! MAC Filtering was it.
Anyone with some tips what fun things to do when entered a network?

criuz

On 20.06.2006, at 08:15, el_criuz wrote:

Ah thanks for the info. I'll try it right away.
But two more questions:

1) Which Ethernet ID am I supposed to spoof? Do I use the ID of the WEP router I cracked or do I have to find a Ethernet ID the router accepts, and if so, how do I do that?
2) Is it possible that Kismac just gives me a wrong Key? After several days of sniffing, could there be something that screws my key?

TIA!
criuz

On 19.06.2006, at 23:36, devnullian@xxxxxxx wrote:

spoofmac is kinda tricky. to get it to work, you have to use it without having joined a network since your last restart. One way to do this, which is annoying, but protects you from some particularly crafty wireless attacks, is to remove all APs from your "preferred networks" list (under airport in sytem prefs) so that you have to manually join every access point. Then, to spoof, restart, run spoofmac, then try to associate to the ap.

Not using preferred networks is kinda annoying, but it does protect you from the "karma" attack where the attacker listens to your wireless card as it searches for its preferred networks and then creates an AP with the name of one of your preferred networks for you to join.

On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:31 AM, el_criuz wrote:

May be possible but I don't think so.
I already tried SpoofMac but the app doesnt work for me (although I use it on a G4 1,67 Powerbook)
When I try to spoof my airport card the result is just 00:00:00:00:00 and not the adress I wanted to spoof.
I need to restart my computer in order to use any network card then.

On 19.06.2006, at 18:19, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

I tried normal, hex and ascii but none of them worked.
The hex value that kismac tells me to be the key consists just of numbers.
I collected the weak packets over quite a long time (5 days) is it possible that the key got screwed up by something?

Is is possible that something else is preventing you from joining the network? MAC filtering for example?

Stefan Jeglinski