[kismac] Re: Strange popup message?

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:03:34 +0200

Hi Bob,

the one minute thing can only mean that there was a MIC checksum failure. maybe the cisco and the airport are some how incompatible.

mick

On 27. Jul 2004, at 21:35 Uhr, Bob Cunningham wrote:

While testing a combination of Apple and Cisco access points on a network,
I was running kismac (in passive mode on an iBook), and this strange popup
appeared on several *other* folks' PowerBooks. Several times, on
several different PowerBooks, and yes, the wireless network did appear
to go down (several times) after the message(s) appeared:

<Picture 2.pdf>

I've never seen this before, nor did googling it turn up anything.
I strongly doubt kismac triggered it, but I'm not sure ...

Has anyone else seen this?  If so, do you know where it's
coming from and under what circumstances it's generated?