[kismac] Re: Still no capture with DLink G650

  • From: Alex De Maria <adblues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:13:43 +0100

I have performed the suggested modification and compiled again.
It doesn't work.
By the way please note that inserting the device in the USB port I got these values into the console: vendor = 0x0b05 product id = 0x1703 which is already in the list of devices.

I assume it is not supported anyway.

Thanks

        Alex

Il giorno 23/feb/07, alle ore 11:13, Jeroen ha scritto:

I've tried with an ASUS WL-167g (Ralink RT2570) but it didn't work either.

That one should work on an intel machine. I have such a stick and tried it on an intel machine. Works fine. We just need someone to write the drivers for a ppc machine, as I don't own any intel macs yet.

This could have been added in a newer version than mine

in the downloaded sources, go into
usb-drivers/Sources/Driver/USBJack/
and edit
USBJack.mm

        // ralink RT73
    {0x07d1, 0x3c03},   /* D-LINK */
    {0x07d1, 0x3c04},   /* D-LINK */
    {0x050d, 0x705a},   /* Belkin */
{0x0b05, 0x1723}, /* ASUS WL-167G RALINK RT2500 */ /* mailcomment: add this line to the file */
};

#define dIntersilDeviceCount 32
#define dZydasDeviceCount 1
#define dRalinkDeviceCount 28
#define dRT73DeviceCount 4 /* mailcomment: This said 3, set it to four to include the added line */

That solved it for intel on rev 196.
Could have been added ad then you have another problem (try console.log for more info)

Good Luck,
Jeroen

Other related posts: