[kismac] Re: Still no capture with DLink G650

  • From: Bug Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:25:54 -0500

You will need the "usb-drivers" build aka ralink build for kismac. If you can get svn and Xcode installed this is easy to do. If not hop in irc and we'll try and walk ya through the process. Try the directions here http://kismac.de/_trac/wiki/BuildingFromSource . Just switch out anything that says "https://svn.binaervarianz.de/kismac/trunk"; and replace it with "https://svn.binaervarianz.de/kismac/usb-drivers"; .

On Feb 22, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Alex De Maria wrote:

Il giorno 22/feb/07, alle ore 09:13, Bug Dave ha scritto:

It sounds like your device is not supported assuming you are running the latest revision which is 220 and not the build 138 that everyone seems to be using thinking it's the latest. If you are using 138 download the latest from http://kismac.de/_trac/ . As for a better device I would suggest buying a DLink DWL-G122. Make sure the model is a b1 or c1 otherwise it won't work. the b1 and c1 are ralink. There are instructions on the kismac trac that show you how you can mod a pigtail onto the device. Hope this helps. If you want more 1on1 help you can always visit the irc channel irc.freenode.net #kismac

As I supposed it is hard to find a G122 in physical stores, I'll try on the net.
By the way, which is the driver to use with the ralink USB chip?
I do non see it in the list of available drivers.

Cheers

      Alex