[kismac] Re: Still no capture with DLink G650

  • From: "John Warren" <xaive1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:17:53 -0800

if you want to use the DWL-G122 you will need to build kismac from the
USB source.  There is no binary available.  A tutorial is available on
Trac.

On 2/22/07, Alex De Maria <adblues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il giorno 22/feb/07, alle ore 09:13, Bug Dave ha scritto:

> It sounds like your device is not supported assuming you are
> running the latest revision which is 220 and not the build 138 that
> everyone seems to be using thinking it's the latest. If you are
> using 138 download the latest from http://kismac.de/_trac/ . As for
> a better device I would suggest buying a DLink DWL-G122. Make sure
> the model is a b1 or c1 otherwise it won't work. the b1 and c1 are
> ralink. There are instructions on the kismac trac that show you how
> you can mod a pigtail onto the device. Hope this helps. If you want
> more 1on1 help you can always visit the irc channel
> irc.freenode.net #kismac

As I supposed it is hard to find a G122 in physical stores, I'll try
on the net.
By the way, which is the driver to use with the ralink USB chip?
I do non see it in the list of available drivers.

Cheers

       Alex