[kismac] Re: Still no capture with DLink G650

  • From: Geordie Millar <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:50:10 +1030

Ahh, 138. I have fond memories of that, our last release we considered "stable", although IMO, it's not any more/less stable than the current. Should we do another stable release some time soon (I'll clean up my kismet client code...)?

On 22/02/2007, at 6:43 PM, Bug Dave wrote:

It sounds like your device is not supported assuming you are running the latest revision which is 220 and not the build 138 that everyone seems to be using thinking it's the latest. If you are using 138 download the latest from http://kismac.de/_trac/ . As for a better device I would suggest buying a DLink DWL-G122. Make sure the model is a b1 or c1 otherwise it won't work. the b1 and c1 are ralink. There are instructions on the kismac trac that show you how you can mod a pigtail onto the device. Hope this helps. If you want more 1on1 help you can always visit the irc channel irc.freenode.net #kismac

On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Alessandro De Maria wrote:

Using the last version of Kismac on a PowerBook G4 1,5 MHz the DLink G650 (Atheros) is correctly recognised and the driver loads with no apparent
problem.
But as I start the scan, no data are captured.
This problem has been reported many times here on the mailing list but every times no answer has been given even a simple "yeah, we know it is bugged,
we'll fix it soner or later".

More, after having unloaded the Atheros driver (by closing Kismac for
instance) the system goes into a kernel panic.

Is there any possibility to use, one of this days, that card?

As alternative, can someone suggest me a card to be used with Kismac which can be easily equipped with a pigtail and connecetd to an external hi- gain
antenna?

Cheers
    Alex