[kismac] Re: Still no capture with DLink G650

  • From: "Alessandro De Maria" <adblues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:20:00 +0000

Bug Dave (bugdave@xxxxxxxxx) wrote*:

> It sounds like your device is not supported assuming you are running
> the latest revision which is 220 and not the build 138 that everyone
> seems to be using thinking it's the latest. If you are using 138
> download the latest from http://kismac.de/_trac/ . As for a better
> device I would suggest buying a DLink DWL-G122. Make sure the model
> is a b1 or c1 otherwise it won't work. the b1 and c1 are ralink.
> There are instructions on the kismac trac that show you how you can
> mod a pigtail onto the device. Hope this helps. If you want more 1on1
> help you can always visit the irc channel irc.freenode.net #kismac

Thanks for the info on alternative cards; I'll see if it will be possible to
get this card around here.

By the way I can confirm I'm using build 220 of Kismac.
Yes, the problem sounds like the card is not supported, nevertheless the card
has been reported to work here
https://trac.kismac.de/wiki/Hardware%20List#AtherosbasedcardPassiveMode (mine
is a revision C2) and I confirm the chipset is a supported Atheros 5001x.

Cheers

    Alex