[kismac] Re: Status of AtherosDriver/AtheroJack

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:45:27 +0100

Hi Mick,

On Mar 1, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hi,

atherosdriver is the older one. the pro of the openhal is, that it does not crash that often =/.... the binary hal is VERY buggy. no one currently working.

The binary HAL in the MadWifi Linux driver seems to be releaed by Atheros Communications. The have new versions from time to time. Unfortunately there is noch Mach-O verions included with MadWifi:

> http://madwifi.org/browser/trunk/hal/public

What is the source of the one in AtherosDriver? Is it worth asking Atheros for a Mach-O binary?

BTW, If someone could point me to some fast track KEXT programming HOWTOs (books, etc.) I would be very thankful. I try get a clear picture by reading Apple Developer Docs, but its really a beast...

Beat

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute Space Research & Planetary Sciences University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx