[kismac] Re: Solution to AE Passive Mode kernel panics, unable to load Monitor Mode

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:20:57 +0800

IIRC, the findings of the test you mentioned actually showed an INCREASE in Airport Extreme performance with wlt1 enabled. I also use Airport Extreme for all my networking, and have noticed no degradation of performance with wlt1 enabled.

Supposedly it slows data transfer down with normal AirPort. Someone tested this, and didn't really find this to be the case. I haven't found it either. There should be no real problem - I haven't noticed anything and use AirPort a lot.

On 5/2/06, Robin L Darroch <<mailto:robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Incidentally - I understand the conceptual argument for not enabling wlt1 (i.e. that your system kext list remains pure as the day it shipped from Apple), but is there a practical reason not to do so?

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx