[kismac] Re: Signal strength

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:01:14 -0700

I think this may be dependent on the driver. For example, my usb card seems to have a range of 0 to 40 while my airport extreme seems to have a range of 0 to 100. It would be nice if we used something more standard like dbm.

Geoff
On Feb 27, 2006, at 7:58 AM, Mike Williams wrote:

Hi,
in KisMAC and other WiFi apps there is the "Signal"-strength- number. From which number to which number does this go?
The highest number I've seen was 101. Most networks are about 61 and some are 31 or so.
What is the smallest and the highest number that could appear?

Regards