[kismac] Re: Setup with Orinoco and DWL-122

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:37:32 +0800

Thanks for the replies to my question. I've read somewhere - not necesseraly
on a Kismac Forum - that trying to crack a 54g network with a 11b card or
USB adaptor is useless. Is that correct?

Not entirely true. B adapters can still capture packets from mixed networks (so can exploit brute-force attacks - I've done that on the G network at my office), and can even reinject if there are any active B clients on the network... the one thing you can't do, as I understand it, is reinject to a G network that has no B clients on it.

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx