[kismac] Re: Setup with Orinoco and DWL-122

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:49:37 +0930

Does the orinoco card have an external antenna socket on it?

You could scan from both cards at once - it would get you a few more networks.

On 28/06/2006, at 11:54 AM, Robin L Darroch wrote:

I have a Lucent Orinoco Silver card, from an old Apple Airport (silver
one) and a DWL-122. Is that a good combination? Obviously, these are
811.2b devuces, but I assume that most networks are now G networks. Still,
can I do packet re-injection with that setup? Which one should be the
Primary device?

That's not a bad combo, but you probably don't gain much by using them in combination: just use the DWL-122 for everything.

I've just subscribed to this list, sorry if my question has been asked
1.000.000 times!

Nah - the list isn't quite that busy. :) Check out http:// kismac.de for general info, and have a look at some of the wiki articles on http://trac.kismac.de for much more detailed information on a lot of subjects.

Cheers,
Robin
--

Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966