[kismac] Re: Senao NL-2511CD PLUS

  • From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:11:15 -0500

Is the problem with getting the card usable as a wireless NIC under Mac OS X or with getting it to work with KisMAC?

If the problem is using it as a network adapter, you probably need an appropriate driver (or a patch to an existing driver to recognize the card).

For drivers, two recommendations:

1) The IOXperts driver (commercial- http://www.ioexperts.com)
2) The OpenSource Wireless Driver for Hermes/Prism cards (http://wirelessdriver.sf.net)

If you go with option 2, be sure to read all the documentation for how to configure "unknown" cards. Basically, it involves using 'ioreg -l' to find the pccard id of your card and then editing a file to add it to the supported card list.

If the problem is having your card work with KisMAC, then this is the point where I need help too...

I have a Zcomax XI-300 card (Prism 2-based) which is working well with the WirelessDriver (after adding it to the list). KisMAC can't seem to find it, though.

John

alex dray wrote:
hi all,

bit of a newbie here....having trouble getting my smc2532w-b card working. Not really looking for a walk-through, but if someone could point me in the direction of relevant drivers/documentation it would be greatly appreciated...

thanks!
alex

    How can the Senao NL-2511CD PLUS Wireless LAN PC Card correctly
    identified by Mac OS X?

    regards,
      Andreas