[kismac] Re: Re(3): Decrypt Output

  • From: Michael Peth <michaelpeth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:04:27 +0200

I got ethereal up and running in X11, thanks for the help with that. I think that Alexis was right because I only need the text output and it doesn's seem that ethereal does that. I haven't install ettercap yet because it is taking forever updating fink. When it finishes I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the help with x11 guys.

Mathieu Masseboeuf wrote:

Hi,

You should either get an ethereal version which don't use GTK, or run it from X11.
Start X11.app (or install it if you don't have it yet, it's on the OSX CDs) and launch ethereal from that terminal.
That should work according to the error message.

Mathieu

On 6 oct. 05, at 15:20, Michael Peth wrote:

So I got ethereal installed via fink but I get (ethereal:11930): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: However, tethereal works fine in darwin. When I use tethereal -r OUTPUTFILE it reads all the packets but doesn't spit out a key at the end. Any sugggetions ?