[kismac] Re: Ralink drivers

  • From: devnullian@xxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:10:56 -0600

There's an article on the wiki about this, but, in short,
1)Get the Apple developer kit (with Xcode, etc.)--on your OS X disc or download from Apple
2)Get subversion, then get svnX
3)Check out the source code from https://svn.binaervarianz.de/kismac/ branches/usb-drivers
4)run compile.command
5)Application will be under /build/universal

Links and more details are on the wiki.
On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:56 PM, zer matt wrote:

No, I just downoaded R196, installed it and run it. What I am going to do with the code from https://svn.binaervarianz.de/kismac/ branches/usb-drivers ?

I'm quite new to the Mac-world.... ;-)

Zer

Did you get the code from https://svn.binaervarianz.de/kismac/ branches/usb-drivers ?
If yes, then you should have the option in the prefs panel for "usb device" instead of "usb prism2 device".
Select the usb device and you should be good to go.
On Oct 1, 2006, at 12:17 PM, zer matt wrote:

I just got a DWL-G122 vb1 usb dongle. I should work with Kismac. But the Ralink driver is not available to select in Kismac. How do I load them i passive mode?

Zer