[kismac] R63 doesn't work for me. Was:Re: Some stuff about Wildcats...

  • From: paul bloch <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:32:48 -0700

Kismac R63 doesn't run on my iBook G3 running Tiger. It starts to launch, but fails before it even shows in the dock. Here is the crash log.

Host Name:      Spibook
Date/Time:      2005-05-05 09:48:19.465 -0700
OS Version:     10.4 (Build 8A428)
Report Version: 3

Command: KisMAC
Parent:  WindowServer [59]

Version: KisMAC 0.2a (0.2a)

PID:    703

Link (dyld) error:

incompatible cpu-subtype

On May 2, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Michael Rossberg wrote:

Hello everybody,

After upgrading to Tiger I was pretty pissed. Apple changed about half of the Kernel API. After I changed the code to run on Tiger, it will no longer work with Panther anymore. =/ Basically this means we are stuck with the Tiger for the time being. Under <http:// alpha.binaervarianz.de/> you can download now two files:

KisMAC050429.zip is equivalent to SVN revision 62 and is the last version for Panther
KisMAC050502.zip is equivalent to SVN revision 63 and is the first version available for Tiger

I hope you like it.

P.S. regarding some questions flying around. Ralink will not be supported any time soon. Regarding the unloading problems: There are quite a lot of reasons for this in the documentation, please make sure you did read it. the 10.3.9 problem is probably the SUID thing