[kismac] R127A -- what is it finding?

  • From: Robert Peirce <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:58:45 -0400

When I try to start KisMAC I get the following, even though mail, Boinc and anything else I can think of has bee stopped. Furthermore, when I tell it to abort, I still lose access to the Airport hardware. I have to reboot. The implication is it will come back if I quit.

KisMAC detected, that there is most likely still some kind of a program, which accesses your airport driver (such as a signal meter, internet connect, another stumbler or a preference pane). If you continue, your Airport Connection might not come back when you quit KisMAC.
Please note on MacOS X 10.3 and 10.3.1 there is a bug in a closed source component of Apple. Please upgrade to 10.3.2 to avoid this behavoir.