[kismac] Quick question

  • From: Jeff Cooper <j.cooper1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:11:54 -0700

I was wondering if kismac shows cards only? For example a non passive card scanning or just a card that is on not associated with a network..

I tried to set up an Ad-hoc network with my Airport card and scan with my Ambicom 802.11b CF card + CF pcmcia card adapter, which could be my problem because the Ambicom card is cheap and sorta sucks.. Anyway what happens is my Airport card seems to jump networks.. the strange thing is this seems IIRC to only happen at my work. I work for a large bank, so maybe they have some sorta device that stops all wireless devices form setting up a network? I will try to repeat my experiment at home tonight, but until then does any of this make sense?