[kismac] Re: Problem scanning and connected to network?

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:02:29 +0100

Hi Joel,

i do not have an ap extreme card, so i have not experienced this, however this behavior is perfectly understandable. it is not an "issue" but lays in the matter of how things work. your airport card is scanning for other networks, therefore it needs to switch channels frequently. this will cause the connection to break.
the network menu seems to be a little unresponsive from time to time, also make sure you stop scanning in kismac before trying to connect.

mick

On 19. Jan 2004, at 12:11 Uhr, Joel Smith wrote:

Hi All,

I am using a PB with Airport Extreme built in. I have noticed that if I have Kismac scanning in the background, I quite frequently lose my connection to the WLAN. Is this a known issue? Also, even if Kismac is reporting a strong signal, the network often doesn't appear in the menu bar as an option to connect to.

Cheers,

Joel
--

Joel Smith