[kismac] Re: Prism2 driver under Tiger.4

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 20:55:41 +1030

You will need seperate drivers. The KisMac drivers only put it into rfmon mode and sniff afaik. You will need real drivers to acutally use it on Tiger. I don't know what drivers though.

On 07/02/2006, at 8:47 PM, Erick van Rijk wrote:

I've bought a Apacer USB prism2 wireless for Kismac and it works like a charm.
Except that I havent been able load the driver to get it working as a external wifi for Tiger itself.
What is the correct driver to be loaded when not running Kismac.

Kismac does this in the code
        [md setObject:@"Prism2 USB device" forKey:@"deviceName"];
        [md setObject:@"WaveDriverUSBIntersil" forKey:@"driverID"];

So I imagine I need to load either an Insterstil.kext / WaveDriver.kext

But since they are not included (cannot find them), I was wondering is there actually a driver required? Since what I found by stepping the source, It only creates an USB IO interface.

Am I missing something here?

thanks

Erick