[kismac] Re: Prism2 USB adapter.

  • From: Marcel Stör <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:40:14 +0200

No offense, but isn't it about time you're trying to really understand what you're up to? How do you expect to understand what KisMAC does it you can't tell the difference between a b and a g network? I'm no expert either, but at least the basics should be clear. Here's a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11

Shortcut: if the data rate is higher than 11Mbit/s it must be a g network because others are limited to 11Mbit/s maximum. If you start a KisMAC scan you'll see all the networks found. If you double-click one, you'll see all the details.

On 02.08.2007, at 22:26, Filippo Fontanesi wrote:

i m sorry bugDave but i m not english: would you explain better how i can understand from lismac if it is a 802.11 b or g ? thanks

From: Dave <bugdave@xxxxxxxxx>
To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kismac] Re: Prism2 USB adapter.
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:53:15 -0400

under details, the maginfying glass when a network is highlighted, it will say on the left under speed. If it says anything higher than 11mbps it's most likely wireless G ;-)

On Aug 1, 2007, at 10:37 PM, JAke Trimble wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tell if a network is or g?

if not there should be a feature in kismac that tells you...

On Aug 1, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Akiyia Xiao wrote:

yes but only 802.11b networks right now kismac can not crack 802.11g

On 8/1/07, Filippo Fontanesi <filippo.fontanesi@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
so it is 100% full working in order to crack WEP?
i m sorry but I m new in this kind of hacking
thank you

>From: Jake Trimble <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [kismac] Re: Prism2 USB adapter.
>Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:25:24 -0600
>
>yes
>
>On Jul 31, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Filippo Fontanesi wrote:
>
>>hi!
>>does it works with the re-injection???
>>thanks for the answer
>>beye
>>

>>>From: "Akiyia Xiao" < tizerfish@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Subject: [kismac] Re: Prism2 USB adapter.
>>>Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:33:17 -0400
>>>
>>>look for a D-link DWL-122 NOT the DWL-122g there are a couple on ebay

>>>good
>>>or

>>Windows Live Messenger 8.1: Chat, videochat, giochi, blog, e- mail e
>>condivisione files GRATIS! http://www.messenger.it/

Scarica Windows Live Messenger e chiama gratis in tutto il mondo!
http://www.messenger.it/connessione.html

Windows Live Spaces: Crea il tuo blog e condividi le tue esperienze col mondo! http://spaces.live.com/

Grüsse
Marcel