[kismac] Possible OSX problem

  • From: "E. Gad" <p1agu313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

I spent sometime with OSX today and have determined
one of the reasons I (and possible others) have had
issues with getting the Airport Extreme play is this:
I noticed that when I do sudo kextunload
/System/Library/AppleAirport2.kext  (one of the things
according to the KisMac source that it likes to beable
to do- wich should be fine) I noticed when i did this
manually what happens? AirportExtreme goes away. Hmm I
thought that's ok no driver no hardware. sudo
kextload/System/Library/AppleAirport2.kext does this
****> Apple Airport Is Already active.
wich is not true. Kextstat even varifies this.
Is it possible one of the security patches from apple
isn't letting something do it's job? Or it could be
almost any number of other things-as I say just
speculating. I currently have a bit of time as I work
freelance at the moment-so if this just going down a
known to be futile path let me know so I don't spam
the list and look like a total *****'n  idiot.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/