[kismac] Re: Poll (for signal strength, etc.) What adapter do you use in Kismac?

  • From: Barry Woods <barry99705@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:27:51 -0900

Airport extreme (passive)
Orinoco Gold (passive)
Orinoco Silver (passive)

On Feb 27, 2006, at 7:49 PM, Chris wrote:

Hi guys,

This is my first post, but I've been reading with interest for a while now. I use the airport extreme in passive mode and have a DWL-122 for everything else. I have succeeded in getting the good kind of packet injection (i.e. extremely rapid and accumulated enough IV's, say 2million to crack the 104bit WEP) with the 122 twice on my router (an airport extreme) with numerous failed attempts. I just bought an MA111v1 on ebay (if you want to get one, ask the seller if the serial number starts with MA14) and it should arrive by the end of the week, I'll let you know if it works any better. As for signal strength, the two networks that I've really spent time attacking showed the following signal strengths:

Network 1:
AE: 100-110
122: 40-45

Network 2:
AE: 65-75
122: 5-15

I'll report back on network 1 once I get the MA111.

Looking forward to being an active tester, as I'm not savvy with programming.

On Feb 27, 2006, at 9:38 PM, John Warren wrote:

1) airport extreme (passive)
2) airport extreme (active)
3) just got a DWL-122, doesn't seem to be too useful yet.  All of my
attempts at packet injection etc have not yielded very much traffic.

On 2/27/06, themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1) airport extreme (passive)
2) airport extreme (active)
Don't have a ma111 (yet).
On 28/02/2006, at 2:27 PM, Piotr Malecki wrote:

Also include whether you use them in passive or artive mode.

1) Airport Extreme (passive)
2) DWL-122 (passive)

On 2/27/06, Piotr Malecki <maleckip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please list the adapters you use in order of preference.

1) Airport Extreme
2) DWL-122