[kismac] Re: Passively sniffed over 1 million packets and it still says 'need more data'?

  • From: "Ben Allen" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:37:47 -0400

It seems that the Macbook right now only captures broadcast packets,
not data packets.

Ben

On 8/9/06, Peter <sunspark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You need data packets, not just packets.s

Hi, that's part of what I'm confused about. There's a column saying 70
megs. Unless that's nothing more than a list of packets.

This is actually using the experimental atheros chip in the new MacBook.

Is there a setting that I need to press to activate collection of data
packets? Or is my problem nothing more than experimental driver only
able to 'see', but not to collect?

Thanks!